- Click here to review the PROGRAMME
In the months before the Conference, expert groups will draft regional reports and a report on global aspects of SMD. The Conference will present, discuss, and revise these reports by drawing on participants' experiences and their views on challenges relating to SMD.
The Conference will produce a range of products meant to feed into various efforts and processes that promote global sustainable development. Specifically, the Conference will:
- present, discuss, and improve the regional reports presented on major mountain regions of the world,
- present, discuss, and improve a global synthesis report, including key findings of the regional reports,
- present and appraise strategies, policies, instruments, and programmes by mountain communities, governments, civil society organisations, academia, and the private sector for promoting SMD worldwide,
- identify emerging issues and challenges relating to SMD in different mountain regions of the world,
- learn from successful new approaches and initiatives, and discuss ways forward for enhancing SMD at global, regional, and national levels, and
- identify the roles of different actors and stakeholders in SMD
The Conference will feature plenary sessions, breakout group work organised around thematic and regional foci, and panel discussions.